About Me

My photo
Judith Van Atta Roenke. I am a Navy Submariner wife. Triathlete. I am the proud mommy of Henry the Fifth and Peter Tristum. Welcome to my Blog...

Friday, July 25, 2008

Upper GI test

Baby Henry had an Upper GI test on Friday. He had to be NPO (nothing by mouth) from 2am that morning. Then he was strapped into the X-ray machine. While in the machine I fed him a bottle of Barium. He was so hungry from not eating that he drank the Barium down. The X-ray takes a video of the barium as it traveled down to his tummy and into his upper intestine.
No immediate problems were found. We will get final results later.












The X-ray showed Henry's pacemaker which is right over his stomach. The big white blob next to it is his stomach full of barium.

He had barium all over his face afterward.

Daddy soothes baby Henry while he is strapped to
the X-ray machine.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: