Sunday, January 10, 2010
I have been drinking a lot of tea lately with the chilly weather. I was getting tired of my tea in the pot cooling before I was done drinking it.
So today, I pulled out a bunch of scraps and went to work. The cozy is lined with scraps of chenille from all the bibs I have made and has a thin layer of cotton batting in the middle for insulation. I think it turned out really cute.
Now for some Sleepytime Tea and local honey from our CSA farm. Yum!
Saturday, January 02, 2010
True Up wants to know about my favorite fabrics of 2009...
- Favorite Print from [Country of Your Choice]- Taiwan, the bicycle print from Tine at bytinster
- Favorite Handprinted FabricAt Green Olive on Etsy. I wish it was in yardage!!
- Favorite Digitally Printed Fabric- The image on the fabric from Henry’s Daddy Doll
Favorite Home Decor Weight Fabric or Collection – We are plannning to reupholster a victorian couch from Henry's grandfather. I want to do something similar to Nie Nie's couch pictured here.
- Favorite Trend (Motifs) – hedgehogs and mushrooms
- Favorite Trend (Colors)- turquoise and orange
- Favorite Novelty Print – Petit Ecole purchased from Superbuzzy
Favorite Floral Print I made a 50’s style dress with this pique from Hancock Fabrics.
- Favorite Organic Print or Collection I love the collection at Volksfaden.
- Favorite Holiday Fabric or Collection – Michael Miller’s Funky Christmas
- Favorite Solid/Nonprinted – anything that coordinates with my prints and is on sale!
- Favorite Fabric Shop – online: Superbuzzy, ReproDepot Walk in: G-street, local: JoAnns
- Favorite New Fabric You Worked With in 2009- craft weight fusible Pellon. OK, technically not a fabric, but it is new to me and helped make cute fabric boxes for my son’s toys.