About Me

My photo
Judith Van Atta Roenke. I am a Navy Submariner wife. Triathlete. I am the proud mommy of Henry the Fifth and Peter Tristum. Welcome to my Blog...

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Catching Up

So, it is time to catch up on the blog. Seeing as how I've had a baby and all. 8 months ago. My
plan is to back log the past 8 months. Here is the overview:

My water broke while I was in the shower getting ready for bed. Stupid me, thought I was incontinent. I figured I would mention the incontinence to the doc at my appointment the next day.

At my appointment I told Dr. Robertson that I was having some incontinence. He said, "Oh Shit." And proceeded to check to see if my water broke. Sure enough, it did and I was directly admitted.

47 hours after my water broke, no pain meds, pitocin that didn't do the trick, and finally a C-section, little Henry arrived into the world at almost midnight on September 29, 2007. A week early.

On Henry the Fifth's second day of life, Dr. Robertson listened to his heart and heard a murmur. He called a specialist at Madegan Army Hospital and got us an appointment. The next day we were discharged from Bremerton directly to our appointment 2 hours away. We had to drive our teeny little boy to the specialist. Waiting for the doc was my first breast feed in public experience. Dr. Patel was awesome. He did an echocardiogram and found that our precious baby Henry had a heart defect called Tetralogy of Fallot. He would need open heart surgery.
Fortunately, Henry had what they call Pink Tet. He did not turn blue when upset, so his surgery could wait until he was bigger.

Here is Henry the Fifth at 6 weeks old doing his pirate face. AAARRRRGH! I'm a Pirate!

Halloween. Can you find the baby?

On a ferry to Seattle with Daddy.

Despite the baby's diagnosis, the Navy's plan to move us didn't change. Baby Henry was allowed to fly without any worry of medical problems, but I was still really worried. Luckily, my mom decided to fly out to Seattle and fly back with the baby and I. Having a helping hand with all our stuff was terrific.

Once in the Norfolk area, we met our new cardiologists Dr. Carr and Dr. Fleenor and were set up with our civilian surgeon, Dr. Gilbert at CHKD.

Surgery would be in February.

So we had our first Christmas and New Years before surgery.

Henry is our little angel. I will post about the surgery later and catch the blog up to now.

No comments: