About Me

My photo
Judith Van Atta Roenke. I am a Navy Submariner wife. Triathlete. I am the proud mommy of Henry the Fifth and Peter Tristum. Welcome to my Blog...

Saturday, January 03, 2015

New shoes and pretty fingernails

We had an event for Submariners in the DC area. It was so fun meeting up with old friends and meeting new ones.
I have lost about 25 pounds so far, so I fit in a dress I already own. I REALLY wanted to buy a new one, but it will be too big by next fall, so I stayed with what I had.  That did not stop me from buying new shoes!


One of the best parts of the evening was chatting with some other wives and re-discovering the similarities in having a Submariner for a husband. The work ethic is one of the things that attracted me to my husband.

After the social, hubs and I went out for a late dinner at a Thai restaurant near the Navy Yard. Yummy eggplant and chicken dish. Oh, and a cocktail of champagne, pineapple juice, and grenadine. So yum!

No comments: