About Me

My photo
Judith Van Atta Roenke. I am a Navy Submariner wife. Triathlete. I am the proud mommy of Henry the Fifth and Peter Tristum. Welcome to my Blog...

Monday, February 20, 2006

I thought I saw a sea cucumber


email to my co-workers

Today Mike the Dog and I went to the dog beach at Hickam. I saw this long skinny thing that looked like a snake. I poked at it with my net and then I scooped it up. It was like 2 feet long and red and black striped and very smushy. It looked like it might be sucking itself inside out. I Googled sea cucumbers, but mine didn't look like any of them, but I think that's what I found. I carry a red net from the NEX and scoop stuff up like a 5 year old.
Catch and release only. I also scooped up a crab, a blue shrimp (I think that's what it was), and I almost caught a puffer fish hiding in the mangroves but he kept squishing himself under my net. Anyway, since sea cucumbers came up at lunch the other day, I thought you all might think this was funny.

-Judy PS - my Google search produced quite a few recipes for sea cucumber soup if you ever want to eat one.

No comments: