About Me

My photo
Judith Van Atta Roenke. I am a Navy Submariner wife. Triathlete. I am the proud mommy of Henry the Fifth and Peter Tristum. Welcome to my Blog...

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

18 pounds 1.1 ounces

I have been all psyched because Henry the Fifth has been gaining weight. I even put away all of his 6-9 clothes and pulled out his 12month outfits. They are huge on him. his 9 month and 9-12s fit the best. I was so tired of the 6-9s even though we could still squeeze him into them. They got a lot of use since he didn't grow for so long. Now, he gets to wear baggy clothes until he grows a little more.
We had a follow up at the pediatrician yesterday and I had all sorts of questions about when to stop supplementing and how big is too big. Well, that was all moot. Even though he is gaining weight like a champ, he is still in the 3rd percentile for height and weight. He is gaining 12 grams per day, which is better than the average of 8-10 grams that most kids his age gain. But all that is doing is keeping him on the 3rd percentile curve. He isn't regaining what he missed in those few months. The doctor is thrilled with his weight gain. She said we shouldn't expect him to catch up much (or at all) until he is a lot older.

I am just worried about him being scrawny and geting bullied when he is older. He seems to be a social butterfly right now., so hopefully that trait will help him out.

No comments: