About Me

My photo
Judith Van Atta Roenke. I am a Navy Submariner wife. Triathlete. I am the proud mommy of Henry the Fifth and Peter Tristum. Welcome to my Blog...

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Ditch the Disposables Challenge

I am doing the:


Check on the: cloth napkins, reusable grocery bags (so many hubby had to give me a reality check to stop buying more), reusable water bottles
(except hurricane kit), using microfiber dust rags (me trying, hubby not yet, but would if I ask),
using Foogo thermo and BPA free reusable baby dishes.

Plan:

1. finish making cloth coffee jackets
(it's a step in the right direction)

2. really need to suck it up and
invest in cloth diapers (brand?),

3. interesting idea she has on cloth swiffers - I
will try it with the microfiber clothes we have

4. finish making hankies for baby from old flannel sheet.


Right now I am uncomfortable with cloth wipes for my own butt (and that whole pee
on your veggie garden thing Crunchy Domestic Goddess did. maybe someday. maybe...not.)

Addendum (Crash Course) - baby Henry has his first diaper rash. So I am using washcloths and water to clean his rear. Poor guy is not very happy!


No comments: